Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pass It On

A lot of sick news today. Just crooked. Couple of suicides and suicide attempts in Hong Kong involving head nurse who was overstressed at work, middle-age woman who gone crazy (emotionally unstable) probably over relationship problem, high ranking police officer who shot himself in the chest because of pressure. And also this crazy guy who punched and stuffed banana into a local democratic legco councilor. the worst one is from Australia, where a man broke into an apartment with 3 students. Forced 2 of the victims to strip and they fall off from the 3rd floor probably in an attempt to escape. The girl fell to her death from the 3rd floor while the guy is in severe condition after breaking several bones. The other 2 girls in the apartment are in very emotional state. it was just...so perverted. like something from a sick holloween movie, perverted movie that is. there are some out there. of course there are a whole lot of good things people are doing out there, but still, so many people out there are in such a sick state that it's depressing. Jesus.

All these things remind me that there is a need for God out there in the world. The human race needs a cure. We sang this song, "Pass it on" at church on Sunday and I didn't think much of it as I was singing it except on how much better it is in English despite of the nice translation by Yip Sir. I also thought about how I don't really have that fire in me to share the good news to people around me.




PASS IT ON

It only takes a spark to get a fire going,
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing;
That's how it is with God's Love,
Once you've experienced it,
Your spread the love to everyone
You want to pass it on.

What a wonderous time is spring,
When all the tress are budding
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming;
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it.
You want to sing, it's fresh like spring,
You want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend
This happiness that I've found;
You can depend on God
It matters not where you're bound,
I'll shout it from the mountain top (PRAISE GOD!)
I want the world to know
The Lord of love has come to me
I want to pass it on.

I'll shout it from the mountain top (PRAISE GOD!)
I want the world to know
The Lord of love has come to me
I want to pass it on.





John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life."

We do take it for granted. And for God's love to spread, we need to love others. That's how we show God's love to others, we act as the moon, reflecting the sunlight.




At work we used to get "free tea" every once in a while when coworkers passed their probation period or got promotions, but now...thanks to the lack of team spirit from the Chinese department, the great trend has faded.

No comments: