Sunday, January 11, 2009

Art of Communicating

When does a person stop learning? Never.

Communicating is hard. Being an effective and precise communicator is hard. I have much to learn about being silent, when to speak and when to be quiet. I am a pretty quiet person already. Before I begin to speak, I usually think about it several times over, but still I have loose lips. Sometimes when I am in a mood or on a roll, on a certain topic-I just find it hard to restrain from speaking too much.

I like to be in control of my speech. Not to hurt anybody, yet at the same time have the courage to say what is needed to be said. Speaking is a fine art.

I don't think one ever stop learning how to communicate better.

Not too long ago, I actually don't care too much on how people might reinterpret what I say, but recently I realized that I need to be more assertive, more precise. And if I am not precise, I have to make sure, explain myself, what I mean so that would be no chance of misunderstanding. I just don't want any misunderstanding. There's enough of that already in the world, I don't have to create more.

But it's hard. I like to be care-free and speak freely. That's why you need close friends and family, people who you can speak more casual with. People who trust you and think well of you.

I don't like people with schemes and hidden objectives. People that I have to be on my guard when speaking to. It is just tiring. I wish everybody can be honest with one another. But that require trust and love (and probably more).

I don't like to be judged and stereotyped. That's belittling.

No comments: