Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back in Hong Kong

So I came back to Hong Kong after 4 nights and 3 days in Singapore. A badly scheduled trip, usually people would go for 3 nights and 4 days to maximize time and cost but yeah, i wasn't thinking carefully when I made the flight plan and so I paid for it. But the stopover was good. Singapore is a very nice city and I do compare it to Hong Kong a lot. Actually, I like to find something from else where that can be used to solve problems or be used in Hong Kong. I unconsciously also do that for LA in the area of transportation.

There are actually a lot to see in Singapore, the place is not as bland as it first seems. And it has changed so much since I was there last time and you wouldn't notice it if you were just joining a tour. It's different when you are walking the streets and using the publi transport.

Man, the chinese documentaries are good.

I met up with Wing Yan on my last day there at Singapore. She showed me different places in Singapore and we had a great time, then we met up with her mom at Ion, Orchard Road. It's a bit funny really, how we were able to meet up after such a long time. Is it fate? I bet it is. She is coming over to Hong Kong in December, and hopefully my left leg ligament will recovered by then so I can go hiking with her.

Coming back to Hong Kong I have to get use to that small room, the people and my mom again. Other than the 3 years here, I have been on my own for 4-5 years so I am quite independent. I think as a result, I am not afraid to be alone, I feel quite free when alone and I do need my alone quiet time every once in a while. It was a daily thing in Australia and US when I did get the morning or late night to myself to do my own things like journaling, reflecting, writing and etc. Being back in the family is different.

Sunday sermon was really good. It was good to be back in Tin Chuen and seeing fellow bros and sisters again.

No comments: