Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back to the grind

It's Sunday night. In the morning mom, my bro and I saw my sis off the plane after brunch at the airport's terminal 2. Afterward I felt as if something was missing in me. Mom was crying and then we realized that we forgot to call dad who was at still at church.

My sis' visit was short, only 2 weeks but in reality, I only really spent time with her for a week. During her first week here, I was working OT and busy serving at church and thus left little time for her or my family. I realized that I need to spend more time outside of work and church. I have been neglected my other aspects of life and my family and especially my brother. I hate to be coming home late and night, tire and short of patience. I give my the family the worst of myself.

Ate dim sum with dad and mom afterward and then went for a little shopping at the outlets. Picked up some great bargains. I bought 2 pairs of shoes marked over half off. Overall, I spent about $1000 on 4 pairs of shoes this holiday season (in a span of 2 weeks for me). I never bought so much shoes in such short a time. That gave me a happy mood after seeing sis off.

And now, it's Sunday night. I will go back to work again. I have this pile of work in front of me and I am trying to remember what is it exactly that I need to do, getting myself back into work mode. My colleague gave me a note and there is a spelling mistake on it.

I don't like how work just consume me, consuming my life, taking the life out of me. That's just not natural. 

No comments: