Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Respect for lunchbreak

If we are not going to respect public holidays, can we at least respect our 1 hour lunch break please?

MI2 was at my desk explaining my next assignment at the beginning of my lunch break, it took a little over 10 minutes, 20% of my lunch break!

Isn't it better to explain it to me after lunch break?

A revelation of salvation (not yet fully developed)

Had a revelation about salvation today on the train.

People often say that it isn't fair that someone who had been doing evil things and living a immoral life but believed in Christ the past minute of his life get to go to heaven as much as the person who have been living a good and moral life his whole life in Christ.

A rather blunt and direct answer would be, what right do you think we have to decide why is fair or not? God decides that!

This morning, as I was walking to the train station, I realized that I didn't have my wallet in me.

So I knew I was late even before I board the train. Knowing that I was late already, I did some experiment with the MTR system I usually won't do. I risked getting to work even later by experimenting on a different route to get to work on the MTR system. I made a big mistake and took the wrong train and ended up being late for work big time.

So, for my passage to work, I would knew that I would miss my target or in another word, be late for work very early on, so my earnestness can be compromised. As in, what's the point of trying when you know you already failed.

It is different with salvation. Salvation is like an express train that will get you on time at your destination no matter how you screwed up on the way. I could forget my wallet, miss a train or two, get on the wrong train going the opposite direction yet I would still be able to get to my destination on time if I surrender to Jesus Christ. Jesus is like this super express train that can take me to God no matter how screwed up I am in life.

No comments: