Friday, September 25, 2009

basketball-position-form

It's been a bit difficult for me to change into a permanent post/inside playing in an organized basketball game. 

I feel like I am losing my slasher instinct. 

I used to post only when I had someone smaller than me for me to take size advantage but now I am playing in there as the smaller person. It's hard. I am okay with getting rebound but my post game is limited. I just don't go back up against bigger guy. It's just stupid to me, so I usually pass it back out when I felt pressure or shoot the mid-range when I am open around the key. 

I am not sure if I could still play outside well after all these training playing the 4. It's a totally different mentality. And you know what? Playing inside is a lot of work, I think it's harder than playing the 2 or 3. You just have to work and fight down there in the post. Fight for opening, fight to receive the ball, fight for space, etc. 

I see how hard Shaq has to work and why he doesn't like to come out to cover shooter. It's just hard work. 

No comments: