Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bible Study and Prayer Meeting

There was no small group today and I actually planned to do my assignment tonight, because we have big group tomorrow night, and I thought I would spend the day scouting for locations to shoot my drama assignment. But Bible study the 1 Corinthians proved to be too much temptation. So after dinner with auntie and uncle and Tracy, we read the Bible to prepare ourselves and then Jean and Tom came. Tom was leading. He asked some tough question and only Tracy and I answered. Well the other did too, but Tracy did most of the talking. For me, I don’t know, I get such strong feeling reading the Bible every time and my head was full of questions afterward. I wanted the discussion to go on but we also had prayer meeting afterward so I held myself back.

However, it was the praying part that moved me. From their prayers, I could see how they loved the church. They prayed for everybody. They prayed for people from different congregations, different church functions, the pastors and the deacons. They prayed for different fellowships and the evangelical events happening around Australia.

It was amazing. From their prayers I could tell how much they loved one another and the church. Gosh, it was amazing. I was thinking of TC half the time and man do I wish the same thing in TC. We talked about rebuke as an act of love today and man, it was for TC. We read 2 Corinthians last year I believe but we didn’t read 1 Corinthians which I found to be a bit weird, and yea, we should have read 1 Corinthians also. Man, do I wish there are more courageous men and women at Tin Chuen that truly love the church to do what is needed of them.

There was an honesty and warmth that I felt lacking in TC. It was just hard to get that from TC. There was a respect and appreciation for the staff and a sense of self-control from the middle aged man. It's true, leadership roles should idealistically given to people mature in age. Young people, me included, are a bit hot headed and lack self-control at times and let our emotions get the better of us. I am saying 50s, but of course there are exceptions. It was here. By the time we finished praying it was pass 11pm.

No comments: