Thursday, September 1, 2011

9 months

I feel like I am starting a new life but yet it is an old one. I started my first day as a English TA/History Teacher at Anglican TSK Secondary School at Wanchai. It's officially my first day but not my first day working at the school, I have been there the past week going to meeting.

The crazy thing is that Winnie who a childhood friend from my old Tai Po church works there as well. She has been very nice and introduced me to her friends and other colleagues who are quite awesome and nice. A very lively bunch of young girls and guy basically. They are mostly around 22-24. Okay, I feel old.

I thank God for this job and I know that it was given to me by God. The principal hired me right away and the English panel, Mary, is really nice to me. She's a mentor without being my official mentor. This school makes a point in developing staff. I like the principal and share his vision.

"Remember, always give your best. Never get discouraged. Never be petty. Always remember, others may hate you. But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."
-Richard Nixon

I haven't been myself lately, at least I don't feel like I have been myself.

I feel a bit tire of caring for others really. I rather just have someone pamper me. I think she feels the same way too. Just freaking tire even before anything started. All wasted emotion and thinking but I bet she handles it better than I do. I haven't been able to function very well. I hate falling in love. Or maybe I am just sick of not being able to do much about it. Or my lack of courage.


I have to remind myself that it's not my fault that people are being divisive.

No comments: