Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hong Kong Story

I was eating out with friends for hot pot today and a thought came to me.

I don't feel that Hong Kong is real. Often time it's this exterior thing that is hiding what's real within. I felt a bit phony. Maybe I am phony. It's like we are in deep shit but we are kind of pretending that everything is fine as long as we are still buying, shopping, earning money, eating, filling our lives with activities and etc.

It feels so hollow. I don't find it to be real living. I don't feel like I am living a real life. It feels like a pretend life. There is often a scheme which we are living under. Living under a lie.

I was talking with my friend and he was telling me how the mainland Beijing government is giving $1 billion HK to fight against the Democratic Party in Hong Kong. He also told me that the role of the Democratic Party is to slow down the process Hong Kong's mainlandization.


No comments: