Saturday, March 21, 2009

I was looking at the pictures I took on iPhoto and realized that I worked for 2 consecutive Saturdays. I didn't check if I work also on the Saturday before that, but it doesn't matter any more.

I don't think this is the way I want to live. Especially not here in Hong Kong which is somewhat a contradiction.

I probably have a pessimistic view of Hong Kong but not a hopeless one. How do I see Hong Kong?

I see it as a rapidly changing and degrading society with basic units and foundation of society being taken apart. Hong Kong is changing faster than people know how to deal with the change. Nobody has a clue. Not the government, not teachers, not the education system, no the families, not the experts and probably not even the Christian community. Well, maybe some know but what can we do about it?

Family units are breaking down, relationship is being redefined, there a new social issues that nobody know how to make sense of, there are new ethnical and moral problems; people are dealing with many new things. It's kind of like a teenager growing up.

No comments: