Friday, April 3, 2009

The Developmental Stages of Erik Erikson

to live is Christ, to die is to gain Philippians 1:21

being a Christian is hard, it's one thing to believe and another thing to live it and be a living testimony.

to live is Christ, to die is to gain.

The world isn't at all a pleasant place. And then we have our own pride. we have our stupid hate and whatnot. death for Paul was like liberation because he was getting through tough earthy challenges to do God's will on earth.

to know other people you need you get disappointed with people, like in Chinese martial art stories where you have to test each other skills through martial art challenge.

I am fund raising for EFCC Hike for Macau. The money is for a adult learning center in Macau run by EFCC. I did it 2 years ago but fund raising was better last time, don't know why. Maybe because my fellowship as a whole was held on Friday and it was easier to find people to fundraise. I remember people who I hardly know just took my slip and signed their name and amount of $ to donate. It was great.

It's a bit different this year. I don't know if it's the financial crisis and the economy, but some people actually refused! I was shocked. It was like a train wreak. I was like, "What the heck?" I mean, you can put down $20 (about US$2.25) at least. It was discouraging. I don't really get it. How much is $20? That's two drinks, 3 MTR trips, a bowl of noodle, an afternoon tea at a very cheap tea restaurant. I guess the good side is that it really tells you something about people. And that...Americans in comparsion are just so much more generous than Hong Kong people. I don't buy the economy excuse actually. I think we are just very spoiled and lack faith. Faith that God would put the money to good use and that God would take care of their needs.

I think people do put money too high on their priority.

No comments: