Tuesday, December 16, 2008

damnit

It's Wednesday already.

I was looking at the list of assignments for World History and humm ... I gasped. I am beginning to see how Alex's departure and Fannie's maternity leave is affecting my work load. It's a bit funny lately because I have been given some responsibility in managing this geography book and I just need to ask my colleagues a lot of questions to make sure I got everything correct. We really lack editors who can edit English here. We got a new editor, Pam, and she seems to be good.

I have been thinking for a while now if this is the life for me. And I think the answer is a pretty sure 'no'. I just don't see myself being permanently here. I think I am working too hard, spending too much time for too little. It's not bad, and I got great colleagues here, something to be thankful for. But still, it's not really for me.

I need more holiday, more regular working hours, a bit more freedom. I think I am more of a writer than an editor. I rather have people edit me than for me to edit someone's work.

No comments: