Friday, December 5, 2008

It's kind of weird being in office on a Saturday but I was here once too, on Christmas day and it was...weirder. The worst is that I have a slight headache, probably from not getting enough sleep.

At times I just get sick of Microword Word. Can there be a more inspiring interface? Like a creative mood setting or look?

Yesterday, we had a little farewell lunch at the local Japanese restaurant for my section head who was going on maternity leave starting Monday. We won't see her until sometime in February. She made fun of me during lunch, there was a little discrimination there. It's a common joke at work that I can't read Chinese, which is not true. It always take me a while longer to choose food from the menu so my colleagues always made jokes like, "Oh, do you need the English menu?" "Sorry waiter, he can't read Chinese" and so on. I feel like the office clown sometimes. 

Anyway, we are going to miss her. I am going to miss her a lot. She actually been working super hard for the past month or so, trying to finish everything up before she take leave. I am a little scare actually because a lot of her responsibilities and assignments were given to us and that means more work and responsibility. Also, for me, she was the one to looked over me and was my quality control. She would comment on my work, make correction and etc. No more. Now I don't have her looking over me anymore. I need to be much more careful and along with a lot more responsibilities in projects. Ahh. I am not sure if I am up for it. I need some prayers. I am not a very organized person. 

I will be working more with a friend now and I think there will be some conflict. I don't like to mix work and friend. That actually gives me extra pressure to do things well coz he is going to be responsible for me and how I perform would affect him. Urr.  



I think nowadays, there is a tendency of people to dodge or hide from responsibility. We see it clearly from the Hong Kong government. No one wants to take the blame when something happens.

No comments: