Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lucky

I m pretty luck to be under the roof of the Wongs. They are both God loving people and auntie yesterday told the time during dinner to give a detailed answer and shared experiences with me. Uncle at times act like my parent telling me to put clothes on, put my slippers on, don't sleep late and etc. It's all from kindness and he's an incredible person. His heart is pure and simple but he actually deals with some complicated stuff at church. There are a lot of Christian books (Chinese and English) in this house. Not as much as home, but more than enough for me to read. I doubt if I will even finish reading the ones I brought over.

I am almost done with the
Purpose Driven Life and I think I am going to miss it because it went on a journey with me the past several months. It encouraged me and actually even pushed me to do something I struggled with, and I think God worked and spoke to me through that book. It gave me the courage to do things the right way although it was difficult.

It reminds me of the other book I read the past year, Eddie Gibbs'
Born into Battle 1 & 2 Thessalonians. Again it encouraged me and gave me the strenght to stand in my rank despite of all the difficulties I was facing. I think that's what God's words can provide for us. It gives us strength, courage, encouragement and refudge. I actually never studied Thessalonians but it is very suitable for Tin Chuen. I actually see what's happening in the Thessalonian church in Tin Chuen so it gave me instructions on what I should do and what we should do. I wish everybody read it, knew it, believe and practice what it says. It's strange but Christians or church goers sometimes don't believe in the Bible when it is against their selfish intentions.

Priz was just married the past summer and the two pair of parents or the two dads are both pleased and gave praised that the other parents are very God loving people. In the words of Uncle Spencer, "Very good ah, they also love the Lord very much." These are things you hardly get to hear from Chinese parents. I think that is a blessing. Both of their kids are in serving and both are pretty smart. Some people might think it is a waste but man, it is a blessing. It's so amazing. I think I can say for the whole family is that they are very pure hearted people. Very positive, God fearing-loving people.

It might come at a time when I would find uncle or auntie a bit annoying coz of the gap and their caring yet I hope God will give me patience and understanding, and let my anger be slow to come so I can keep myself in check. It has only been 2 weeks.

No comments: