Wednesday, August 5, 2009

choosing a church

Currently I have been to 2 churches, CBC and SCAC, my old church. I probably know more about CBC right now because I went to 2 of their fellowships and also two of their sport ministry-basketball and football.

SCAC is a little more homely. There are still a number of people who knew me as a kid and teenager so they are familiar with me and know who I am. Both are nice I guess. There is probably a greater need in CBC in all the ministries there but SCAC is like home.

That reminds me, on the morning 0n the day before I left I got a call back from Pastor Yap. I called him the night before and left a message seeing if he would be free Tuesday. He said he's free for lunch and afternoon, so perfect. I made it a mission to be there on time because I am traditionally late whenever I meet up with him. Ahaha, the feeling of being early is irreplaceable. We ate at this noodle place at Langham Place, it was pretty good. He treated me. And then I treated him back for desert. We talked and I asked him some questions and it very funny in that we were talking as friends although he is so much older than I and is my pastor. He was more like a mentor then but it kind of blurred now, well, I am older now. I thanked for pastoring me because it meant a lot to me. I don't get pastored all that much. Even with all the churches that I have been to, I probably only been really pastored by him only. The other one was probably Pastor Lam but only for a very short time because he then left. Ms. Chan-a little bit, she was really busy and that's it. That's my whole life.

At times I envy people who grew up with some older people mentoring and looking over them. I never had much of that at church at the times I needed it. I just had to learn to deal with them on my own. I guess people just figured that I am the PK that he should be okay and be able to take everything running at him. I also don't get why I get disrespectful behaviour from people, even pastors. It's all very unfair. What did I do wrong? All I am asking for was to treat me as you would to another Christian. I am not even asking to be treated in the same loving and caring way as I treat your children, but as another human being, much less a fellow brother in Christ. It's discouraging. It hurts and you just have to keep at doing your very best to be loving and Christlike. We fail, we all fail at it but the thing is to keep trying, keep practicing, keep working at it till eternality.

No comments: