Saturday, July 18, 2009

4:10

It's like 4am here in Hong Kong and I came back late last night. Actually the plane arrived early at around 10:30pm on the 17th but I didn't get home until around 1:30 with the waiting, bus and taxi. I faced a dilemma when I got off the bus: 3 suitcases and 2 hands.

When I got on the taxi, the taxi driver was laughing at me and asked where i came back from. Taxi drivers are always good for well-meaning small talk. Well, most of them at least and kind of got the recent scoop of Hong Kong. Asked him about the latest on the swine flu. I found out that he used to be a truck driver but now he's too old so that's why he is driving the taxi. Taxi rate hiked up big time since I arrived in Hong Kong in '06. But then the rate had been the same for a long time util just recently, which was pretty unfair for the taxi drivers.

While on the plane near the end of the trip, all I wanted was get off the seat, a shower and to sleep on a bed but I couldn't sleep although i was tire when I got home. Ha, watched the old TVB series, "policewomen with guns" just like what I sometimes watch after coming home from work.
It was a nice familiar sight. Watched a movie and ate popcorn...very bad.

Slept a little before getting up at around 9:15am. I found all (I think) the documents I needed for Aus. Unpacked a little, put clothes in the washing machine and ate a quick lunch. Food is kind of expensive at the local tea restaurant basically for some tomatoes, beef and egg and rice. I actually wanted a baked porkchop rice and some Hong Kong food, but not much to choose from here.

So I was just packing and unpacking. More like transferring stuff to different places. Did a little grocery shopping. Got news from the taxi driver that a typhoon was coming so there were a good number of people at the supermarket. Sunny came over around 1:30 and I was wondering why it took him so long. Annie took a long while too, I found out later why...and Sunny actually I guess got mixed up with the possible typhoon no.8 and went all the way to Tai Po skipping Fotan. I thought he went to Herman's place instead.

It was nice just hanging out after no seeing each other for so long. Actually wanted to go to the Saturday service but it got a little late but still able to be there before it ended. It was good seeing everybody but bad on my part that I never told too many people I was leaving, or when. I saw Max and Andy who I play basketball with and I really wanted to play with them again. WIsh I knew that they were playing this morning. I was pretty fresh this morning. It would have been nice. Hope that I can play with them when I am back for holiday, competing again. They really grew.

Saw Nick had some small talk. I think he's one of those rare passionate people. How do you raise someone like him? Talked a little with Rev. Chan before he went. Found out from him that he's going to Canada. Whao. Gonna miss him.

Then it was the farewell. It was a really nice gesture and I didn't know how to act exactly. I don't like the spot light, i get very self-conscious. It was so great to see everybody there and I wish I could go hiking with everyone of them. Didn't get to really talk to everybody and I was being shy. Didn't know what I was suppose to do. Just wanted to blend in. Woah, thank you so much for being there. I didn't know what to say. Some of the questions were embarrassing and I didn't know how to answer right away. i felt bad afterward. i wish i knew how to handle it. i don't know, i m just weird. i m not sure if it's the building. i was holding a lot of myself back actually, a little scare i guess of if i lose control. my left hand was actually shaking a bit. but my right hand was steady. To say thanks would be the biggest statement. I was moved. It had been somewhat lonely sometimes being at Tin Cheun, and the farewell was a great way to say goodbye. Thank you. I don't know what to say. But I wanted to give something back.

I think it's not an accident that I and that all of us are at Tin Chuen. A lot had to happen for us to be here at this particular time and this particular place. It's such a pleasure and honor to be here, to serve God in this place, to have the friendship. The farewell made it easier to leave. Thanks Sunny for organizing. Thank you God for this time, for all the experience, the moments and all the people, friendship and fellowship. How can you repay? I have no idea. i wish i could be more excited and enthusiastic when taking photos and be more entertaining but i was feeling awkward. Don't know how to act at the time. urr.

There had been a lot of goodbyes lately and I think I am still processing and they take a toll on me somewhat. Personally the short few weeks leading to my trip to the US was when I was emotionally saying goodbye to TC and HK. Coz originally that was my last weekend at TC. So I think I made my internal farewell then and was feeling that throughout the Sichuan mission trip. Actually I was somewhat very sensitive and emotional starting the last month of work at HKEP. It was only 2 months ago that I made up my mind and ... I started to treasure every moment and the limited amount of time I got spending time with people.

It's weird. ahh. Best wishes. Emmanuel, may God be with you.

well, better get some sleep. It will be no.3 in a few hours.

No comments: