Sunday, July 26, 2009

It is funny how people still refer to and call me 朱仔 or 豬仔 after all these years. I am so much bigger now, and the 仔doesn't seem quite appropriate. And it takes me back over a decade ago, and almost 2 decades ago when I first arrived at Oz. It's a familiar nickname. The US is the only place where it did not surface.

Went to CBC this weekend and it's the feeling of being the new person all over again. It's much easier because auntie and uncle would give me introduction and he usually start with, "This is Calvin, he is the son of...", he even told some of them my age, he means well haha but a bit embarrassing at times. I take it with good humor. He should go further and say that I am all alone here and need a gf. I have a little trouble with introducing me as son of a pastor and I realize that it is a mix blessing. I lose part of my identity yet at the same time I get credibility from stranger because i m a pk. well, i also get a little pressure also and have to hold back my wackiness. man, will i ever be free of that? it's tiring.

i don't blame my dad, it's not his fault. he's an inspiration to me. it's really how some people have certain expectation of pks and criticize, and just make thing hard and unfair for us. immature people basically who have trouble separating issues in their heads, people from issues, and doing what's right.

The sermon was good at CBC, the message was from Thessalonian, one of my favorite books from the Bible and it's really relevant to the churches i have been going. It was on the recipes of a healthy church.

For a while, for the first few days, I missed the tension from HK again but well, there's work everywhere. There are challenges everywhere once you get into it so. And life goes on.

No comments: